Mga napulot ko sa aking pagala-gala... (Picked up from my wandering about...)

Monday, May 5, 2008

Pinay in Senegal

Welcome to my spot

I've been inspired by a Filipina blogger in Cambodia and an American blogger in Senegal to put up a new blog. I have quite a number of sites now but I've been really frustrated by how long it takes to upload and download anything in them. What I need is one that will make it easiest for me to update so here I am.

My Story:
I'm a Pinay (Filipina) who was born in Manila, Philippines. When I was around eight years old, my family moved to Zambia where we lived for five years then moved back to the Philippines. After college and about five years of doing outsourced work in Manila, I decided to take a different path and fly to New York for my Master's in International Political Economy and Development in the Bronx. After completing my course work and comprehensive exams, I was offered an internship position to do development work in microfinance in Senegal for six months.

Alors, me voilĂ !

This is where I'll be posting my stories while I'm here and as a disclaimer, I'll be writing in Tagalog (Filipino) as well as English from time to time depending on my mood. I'll try to avoid writing in Tag-lish (although that would be more natural for me) to keep a level of formality and so as not to annoy anybody and so that my Tagalog and my English too might improve. I might write in French too just to practice once in a while and that may unintentionally confuse people. That just gives you an idea of how scrambled my head is!

No comments: