Mga napulot ko sa aking pagala-gala... (Picked up from my wandering about...)

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Photos by Maimona Balde

I finally decided on a Senegalese name for me with the help of a friend and the guard at our office. Welcome, Maimona Balde who was born yesterday and turns 26 today! Here's a self-portrait:

To celebrate, I'm updating my blog and uploading tons of photos taken two days ago.
Here are some of my photos on the field at Ndorna (Kolda, Senegal). I'm so happy there are a lot that of shots that I like. The people here are beautiful and fortunately for me, they enjoy having their pictures taken and seeing the result afterwards! It's striking how despite me being different and not knowing the language (Pulaar), my camera does the talking and I think we are somehow able to communicate.

This was during the Study Exchange visit with villagers from Mampatim visiting Ndorna.

I hope you enjoy them.








































































I'm having a hard time organizing the photos and I realized it might be easier if I posted just one photo per blog entry... hoping it works!








No comments: