Mga napulot ko sa aking pagala-gala... (Picked up from my wandering about...)

Monday, July 21, 2008

Tourist Spots: Popenguine


Somehow the name of this place always reminds me of popping penguins. This little village 60 km south of Dakar is pretty calm and peaceful (except for the noisy croaking frogs at one of the hotels). I went there for the long weekend during Easter. The beach is lovely (though cold), the sunsets are breath-taking and the stars are brilliant. You can go hiking up the trail by the beach before it gets too hot in the day. This is the last of my Tourist Spot Photo series before I finally Inch Allah post my photos from my recent week-long vacation in Cap Skirring, Ile de Karaibe and the Gambia!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, these are such incredibly beautiful and interesting photos! I love the one of the lone tree along the water's edge, and all your portrait shots are wonderfully done. Especially the shots of people from Mampatim. What is it that you do in Pinay? Your post about how to reject marriage proposals was pretty amusing. I hope that's what it was meant to be!

pinay said...

Thank you for the comment and for visiting my site! I'm in Senegal for a 6-month internship on Microfinance for an American NGO. Yes, a lot of things here in Senegal are better taken with a sense of humor!