Mga napulot ko sa aking pagala-gala... (Picked up from my wandering about...)

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Folks You Meet Down by the River


Whenever I'm bored and don't feel like walking around, I grab my camera and head towards the river, a few minutes away from my hut. Here, I can watch the sunset or the birds and here I usually meet eager subjects I can chat with. This day I spotted these two cute kids curious about me and willing to let me follow them around with my camera. Other times, I spot women or children watering their gardens or usually it's more like they spot me. One nice lady I met here always greets me whenever I bump into her in the market even though I still can't speak Pulaar.

If we can't understand each other, to cross the language barrier I just point to my camera and say "Photo?" and point to them with a big smile on my face and if they smile back or laugh and then look like they're waiting for their picture to be taken, I go ahead and take the shot!

Anyway, here down by the river, is my favorite spot outdoors.

No comments: